Expand to the international market
As a pioneer of distance credit, the Cofidis Participations Group has been experiencing for over 3 decades now a continuous and notable growth of its activities, both in terms of international expansion and diversification of products and services.
Cofidis’ brand expanded abroad with new locations in Belgium, then Eastern and Southern Europe in the 2000s.
Today the Group is implemented in 9 European countries, is handling more than 13 billion euros of gross outstanding loans and is employing more than 5000 people.
Sustain European economic growth
Consumer credit consists in lending money to private individuals and allowing them to finance any consumption projects that they could not afford by paying cash.
Consumer credit then enables:
• households to smooth their costs
• merchants to have a sustainable demand
As a conclusion, consumer credit:
• Sustains the activity and boosts economic growth
• Encourages projects and builds trust in the future
• Secures credit for private individuals
Consumer credit and economic growth are closely linked.
A highly regulated sector
In France, consumer credit is one of the most regulated and supervised sectors. It has been strictly defined by new laws – 11 laws over 10 years – in order to:
• Protect the customer: increased vigilance on solvency (new scoring methods)
• Provide a strict framework to renewable credit: the flexbility should come with security to better serve the households’ interests
• Prevent indebtedness: public and private actors should act together.
It is also a highly competitive market where we can find over 65 financial institutions, belonging whether from retail or industry, banking or car manufacturers.
Work closely with our stakeholders
In France, Cofidis is a qualifying member of the Association Française des Sociétés Financières (ASF) which defends the specialization of credit, Financial services and investment services.
The ASF has 290 members and provides legal and economical information, Les prestations proposées par l’ASF sont l’information juridique et économique, cooperation between the members as well as professional actions addressed to national and european authorities.
The ASF also maintains a continuous dialogue with consumer associations (actions on readibility of account statements, debt collection processes for example).